Do you know for sure that you are going to be with God in Heaven? If God were to ask you, “Why should I let you into My Heaven?” what would you say? You don’t know? Then we have the best news you could ever hear! The few minutes it will take you to read these steps to life may be the most important time you will ever spend. Did you know that the Bible tells how you can know for sure that you have eternal life and will go to be with God in Heaven?
The Bible says much about eternal life:
“For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8,9)
Why is it that no one can earn his way to Heaven?
- Man is a sinner. ” For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) Sin is transgressing God’s law and includes such things as lying, lust, cheating, deceit, evil thoughts, immoral behavior, and more. And because of this, man cannot save himself.
- The Bible says, “…the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) And because Heaven is a gift, like any other genuine gift, it is not earned or deserved. No amount of personal effort, good works, or religious deeds can earn a place in Heaven for you.
With such a high standard, no one can save himself. However, in spite of our sin…
- God is merciful, and therefore doesn’t want to punish us. This is because “…God is love” (1 John 4:8). And He says, “…I have loved you with an everlasting love.” (Jeremiah 31:3) But the same Bible which tells us that God loves us, also tells us that God is just and therefore must punish sin. He says “…(I) will by no means clear the guilty…” (Exodus 34:7).
We have a problem. God solved this problem for us in the Person of Jesus Christ.
- Who is He? The Bible tells us clearly that He is the infinite God-Man. “In the beginning was the Word (Jesus)…and the Word (Jesus) was God. And the Word (Jesus) was made flesh, and dwelt among us…” (John 1:1,14). Jesus Christ came to earth and lived a sinless life, but while on earth, what did He do? He died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and rose from the grave to purchase a place for us in Heaven.
“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him (Jesus) the iniquity (sin) of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
Jesus Christ bore our sin in His body on the cross and now offers you eternal life (Heaven) as a free gift. This gift is received by faith.
- Many people mistake two things for saving faith: Saving faith is not mere head knowledge, like believing certain historical facts. The Bible says that the devil believes there is one God, so believing that there is one God is not saving faith. Saving faith is also not mere temporal faith, that is, trusting God for temporary crises such as financial, family, or physical needs. Now these are good, and you should trust Christ for these, but they are not saving faith! Saving faith is trusting in Jesus Christ alone for eternal life. It means resting upon Christ alone and what He has done rather than in what you or I have done to get us into Heaven.
”…Believe (trust) on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved…” (Acts 16:31)
The question that God is asking you now is would you like to receive the gift of eternal life? Because this is such an important matter, let’s clarify just what it involves. It means that you need to:
- TRANSFER YOUR TRUST: From what you have been doing to what Christ has done for you on His cross.
- ACCEPT CHRIST AS SAVIOR: Open the “door” to your heart and invite Him in.
He says: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: If any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to Him…” (Revelation 3:20)
- RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS LORD: Give Him the “driver’s seat” and “controls” of your life, not the “back seat.”
- REPENT: Be willing to turn from anything that is not pleasing to Him. He will reveal His will to you as you grow in your relationship with Him.
Now, if this is what you really want, you can go to God in prayer right where you are. You can receive His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ right now.
If you want to receive the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ then call on Him, asking Him for this gift right now. Here’s a suggested prayer:
“Lord Jesus, thank You for Your gift of eternal life. I know I’m a sinner and do not deserve eternal life. But You loved me so You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. I now trust in You alone for eternal life and repent of my sin. Please take control as Lord of my life. Thank you so much!”
If this prayer is the sincere desire of your heart, look at what Jesus promises to those who believe in Him:
”…I say unto you, he that believes on Me has everlasting life.” (John 6:47)
If you have truly repented (forsaken, turned away) from your sins, placed your trust in Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death, and received the gift of eternal life you are now a child of God! Forever! We encourage to reach out to a pastor at FBA. We would love to talk to you more about this decision.